Friday, July 18, 2008

STILL ON MUMS:Work or Stay at home.

I want to start by apologizing for not being active on this blog for a while now. Sisters, I’m still trying to find a balance between all the things I’m trying to juggle. Please, forgive.
I also want to use this medium to express my appreciation to all of you who posted your comments (Omodele, Titolulope, Chioma, Oluseun and Chari), thanks a whole bunch. And to all who visited the blog but could not post their comments for one reason or the other (probably motherly or wifely or professional duties called), I still want to express my gratitude for taking the time out. I still look forward to it though!

Now to the business of the day, Chari asked what I would do. I’ll love to answer as honestly as I can.
I will love to combine the two in the most practical way I can. I mean, I want to work at the same time be available for my kids. I am actually working presently in a school as a co-curricular facilitator. I facilitate activities that are not purely academic like craft-work, singing (more like co-ordinating the college choir), I also bring up new ideas that I feel will benefit the students and the school in general. I am not mandated to go to work everyday (although I do), and to top it all, I take my daughters to school and keep them in the crèche! My job is a special arrangement and I am so grateful for it as I know this may not be available in all schools. Now, the truth is, I chose to work this way for now because of my kids. I would love to work in a corporate setting as an Administrative Officer, maybe a Client service executive or something of that nature. But I had to weigh things up when I discovered I was pregnant with my 2nd baby (that actually collided with the time I was going to launch out into the corporate world!). So you can say I’m eating my cake and having it! The advantage this arrangement has for me is that I’m able to make contact with people and exchange ideas. I’m also trying to add value to myself in the process. That is the reason I took up a training session with the organization that introduced me to the medium I’m using to communicate with you now (THANK YOU W-TEC), and I plan to make good use of it.
My next level is to be able to juggle all of these and still have a life! I believe life is meant to be enjoyed (well, I plan to enjoy mine) not endured, and I can tell you that it has been quite challenging to mother, wife and work all at the same time. I don’t want to sound like I’m complaining. I love being who and what I am (me, mother and wife!). I am just saying there must be a way to still have a great and enjoyable life despite having so many plates on your table.

So long a post. I’ll stop here and wait for your comments. Thank you sisters!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 23, 2008 , Blogger Chari said...

Hmmn...you seem to be a lucky spot in the pie...and I admire that, and I enjoy the valid point u made about not eating ur cake and having it...I am impressed by your objectivity..keep it coming well...

Cheers

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home